The School’s aim is to enhance the quality of environmental governance in India and other south Asian countries by strengthening capacities on issues of environmental legislation, standards, regulation and compliance enforcement.
- It aims to build a critical mass of regulatory professionals by providing continuous training on technological, ecological, operational, institutional and financial aspects of environmental regulation to a cross-section of target groups.
- Generate training manuals and materials that meet the needs of states as well as the countries of the region.
- Undertake continuous research pertaining to developments in the industrial and environmental regulatory fields to feed into the capacity-building activities. The regulators can play a key role in informing industry of strategies to move towards water and carbon neutrality and energy efficiency.
- Promote national and regional networks on environmental regulation to facilitate exchange of knowledge and experiences and disseminate best practices.
- Develop a state of the art information facility on industry-environment and regulatory fields.
Core Training Programme:
Our flagship programmes directed towards building and enhancing the compliance monitoring and enforcement capacity of the officers of Pollution Control Boards. They will be developed in conjunction with the Ministry of Environment and Forests, CPCB, SPCB’s and other national and international experts. Training materials and manuals would be prepared on the best practices and procedures on compliance monitoring and enforcement.
- Officials of pollution control boards
- Ministry of environment officials
- Academicians & Educators/Students