Clean Air and Sustainable Mobility orientation programmes/workshops are conducted to enable regulatory capacity, facilitating intercity dialogue on common concerns, challenges and solutions through sharing of experiences. Urban air quality management and mobility management are the two thrust areas of our capacity building programme. The programme aims to deepen the understanding of challenge of urbanisation, environmental impacts, air pollution and its sources, air quality monitoring, management and governance, vehicular pollution, clean vehicle technology and fuels roadmap, management of in-use fleet and transit traffic, mobility crisis, mobility management strategies including strategies to scale up public transport, design multi-modal integration, bus sector reforms, walking and cycling, parking policy as a travel demand management measure etc.
This programme is a combination of
- In-house lectures and lectures by key experts in the field. Each session will have select expert faculty
- Interactive sessions are organised with the practitioners and the experienced policy makers on specific strategies
- Leveraging Delhi’s experience through well designed field visits and case studies.
This interactive forum covers a range of issues including :
- Pollution challenge of urbanisation
- Public health challenge
- Understanding air quality, trends and monitoring challenges
- Challenges of mobility management
- Strategies to scale up public transport and design multi-modal integration
- Bus sector reforms
- Making cities walkable and promoting non-motorised transport
- Parking policy as a congestion reduction strategy
- Funding public transport
- Vehicle technology and clean fuel roadmap
- Gaseous fuel programmes – an opportunity to leapfrog
- Challenges of in-use vehicles and transit traffic
- Vehicle inspection system in India and ways to improve it
- Customised case studies and field visit.