Environmental management in industry today is not about lip-service. The green performance of companies mirrors their core functioning – be it cost consciousness, good corporate governance, organisational culture, and seriousness of the management to ‘walk the talk’ on operational efficiency and sustainable development. Recognising this need, CSE has developed a one-week comprehensive training programme aimed at capacity building of industry professionals.
Environmental managers, need to understand the existing legal framework; but more importantly, they need to be sensitised on the benefits it can deliver to the organisation.
This programme will provide the participants with in-depth technical and management knowledge, problem-solving skills, and practical experience on issues relating to environmental pollution in different industries through lectures, class exercises, group discussions, field visits, on-site compliance monitoring and inspection exercises, laboratory training etc.
On completion of the programme, the participants will be expected to:
• Understand the duties and responsibilities of industry towards compliance of various environmental legislations
• Conduct Environmental Impact Assessments effectively
• Initiate proactive measures for prevention and mitigation of pollutants
• Leverage organisational behaviour to improve green performance
• Adopt cleaner technologies with best engineering practices
• Install effective monitoring systems to assess the pollution that is generated
• Ensure performance evaluation of pollution controlequipment
• Conduct Social Impact Assessment for opening opportunities to local people
Sanket Agarwal : The programme changed my perception towards the functioning of industries. I got to learn various new things which will help me in my vocation.
Anonymous : The programme was an excellent knowledge sharing platform. We could engage in healthy discussion from both sides; experts as well as participants.