You may or may not be using these, but the age of new media has arrived. Organisations cannot afford to ignore "new media" and need to reinvent their information dissemination, communication and outreach strategy accordingly. This workshop aims at empowering institutions and is structured to provide a practical approach to step into the world of new media. It will help the participants to understand the potential of new media tools and help them take a decision on adopting an appropriate information outreach and communication strategy at an individual and an organisational level.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the new media landscape and appreciate its influence on communication and social change.
- Identify communication channels and new media tools for effective outreach
- Learn the art, strategies and techniques to succeed on – Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Wiki...
- Learn to integrate the best of both- new and print media into the communication plan.
- Develop web strategy based on “new media”
- Acquire skills and improve capacity to make the most of new media tools in advocacy and activism.
- Deliver strategic plans to address real-world comunication challenges and engage the stakeholders
- Learn about new media metrics and monitor the impact of communication strategy.
- The new media landscape > the channels, influence on communication and social change, reaching out to stakeholders
- Integrating print, web and the social media
- E-mail for outreach
- Blogging > installing and managing blog
- Using social media strategically > Facebook, Twitter
- Reaching out through Wikipedia > sharing knowledge, research and resources
- How to use photos on the web
- How to use videos on the web
- How to improve the website ranking > focus on search engine optimisation
- New media metrics > understanding web statistics, facebook/twitter statistics
Conducted by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE). CSE is also the developer and manager of virtual information gateway “India Environment Portal”
The course fee should be paid in advance by demand draft/cheque in the name of CENTRE FOR SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENT. (Add Rs.15 for all non-Delhi cheques).
Tahseen Alam, South Asia Regional Centre, Oxfam Great Britain, New Delhi - Course was ‘tailor-made’ for me. Can use the knowledge gained from this programme to look deeply into the importance of new media/social media and technology.
Prajwol Shrestha, NGO Forum for Urban Water and Sanitation, Nepal – Helped in learning the efficient ways of using social media for advocacy work.
Zain Saleh, Student, Andhra Pradesh - Came to know about the various technologies which can be used effectively to communicate socially and if these tools are used properly they act as very good marketing tecnhniques.